What is Golang?
Go is an open-source programming language developed by a team at Google and the combined effort of other contributors. It is meant to simplify the process of software development, particularly for complex architecture and processes.
It was developed by Robert Grisemr, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson Google in 2007. But he launched in 2009 as an open-source programming language. It provides a rich standard library, garbage collection, and dynamic typing and provides support for the environment to adopt similar patterns of dynamic languages capacity.
Benefits of Golang:
- Garbage collection – Garbage collection, or automatic memory management, is a key feature of the Go language.
- Scalability – Go was created by Google, it was designed with scalability in mind. As applications grow, they need to handle many small subtasks at the same time, such as distributing HTML pages to different web browsers.
- Simplicity – Excellence in being simple and easy to understand. With a very short language specification document, Go strives to be both easy to read and write.
Go language promises code efficiency, which translates into faster software and apps for businesses. Companies that recognized the need for thin and efficient code have adopted Golang as the programming language of choice.
Features of GoLang:
Here are some notable companies that have migrated to using Golang:
- The New York Times
What Is Golang Useful For?
Golang is useful for programming scalable servers and for large software systems. The Golang programming language was created to fill the gaps in C++ and Java that Google came up with when working with its server and distributed systems.
Is Golang The Future?
Golang is the future of web programming, as it allows you to perform all the tasks that other languages do separately.
Advantage of Golang:
- Golang Is Fast.
- Golang Is Easy To Learn.
- Golang Is Well-Scaled.
- Comprehensive Programming Tools.
- Growing Pool Of Talent.
The disadvantage of Golang:
- Lack of Function Overloading and Default Values for Arguments.
- Lack of Generics.
- Error Handling.
- Tools That Are Bundled with Go.
Following are the reasons why Golang is the best for enterprise solutions:
Concurrency: Can handle millions of platform users.
Scalability: Grows with the business to handle several simultaneous tasks.
Errors Checks: Nil Malfunction at Go comes with a built-in-error comes with a built-in-error type
Compiled language: Fast Performance as it converts directly into machine-level code.
Garbage Collection: Boost App Speed as collection pauses are low 100 Microseconds.
Cross-Platform: Low investment as Golang performs well across various platforms.