What is Hashicorp Vault?
HashiCorp Vault is a secrets management tool specifically designed to control access to sensitive credentials in a low-trust environment, tokens, passwords, certificates, API keys, and other secrets in modern computing. Vault provides “Encryption as a Service” to an enterprise in order to centralize secrets across the organization. Making secret handling easy (automated) enables replacement of long-lived secrets with dynamically generated asymmetric X.509 certificates that have a controlled lease period.
Benefits of Hashicorp Vault:
– Store Long-lived, Static Secrets
– Dynamically Generate Secrets, upon request
– Single Binary
– Act as a Root or Intermediate Certificate Authority
– Provide Encryption as a service
– Extensible Architecture (plugins)
What does Vault solve?
Centralize secrets across the organization
Increase security posture by eliminating long-lived credentials
Provide Encryption as a service to the organization
Automate the generation of certificates for authentication
Features of Hashicorp Vault:
– Key/Value store
– Wide variety of secret engines
– Manage leases on secrets
– Remove Leases based on Leased Period
– Manage Access to Secrets using Policies
– Namespaces – Vault as a Service
– Audit Devices which logs all Integrations
– Encryption as a service
– Generate dynamic X.509 certificates
– Built in High Availability
– Interactions using HTTP API, CLI or UI
Where do I learn Hasicorp Vault?
If you are looking for Hashicorp Vault training so, that you can clear its official certification then must visit DevOpsSchool
Reason for choosing DevOpsSchool: They have 15+ years experienced trainers for Hashicorp vault.
Training Mode: Online Instructor-led, Live & Interactive Online Training