HOTTEST DATA SCIENCE JOB OPENINGS AROUND THE WORLD, JUNE 2021
Source – https://www.analyticsinsight.net/
Data science professionals, check out these jobs by industry giants
The demand for data science professionals was huge in 2020, and it is only growing in 2021.
While industry giants have embraced the capabilities of data science, small and medium-sized businesses have started to leverage the power of data science to improve their business processes. Owing to digital transformation, data science practices help businesses make intelligent and data-backed smart decisions, formulate strategies to make better products and solutions, manage large amounts of data efficiently to get valuable insights and predict outcomes. To utilize most of these features to increase ROI, organizations are rapidly hiring data science professionals.
If you are a data scientist or analyst, check out these hottest job openings from companies around the globe and look for your next challenge.
1. Data Analyst, Revenue Intelligence
Location: San Francisco, USA
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Finance, Operations, Engineering, IT, and across the company.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, IT, and Operations teams to design, develop & deliver robust and scalable reporting automation.
- Define data systems and tools with product and engineering to produce revenue dashboards and other business intelligence reports.
- Provide daily revenue insights to the CFO and executive team.
- Develop scalable reporting solutions for non-finance stakeholders.
- Simplify complex problems & huge data sets to extract non-obvious insights.
- Be part of a great team, but capable of operating independently – managing relationships, deliverables, and expectations with your business partners.
- Be personable, approachable, and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the business.
- Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or a Business-related degree.
- At least 4 years of work experience.
- Advanced experience with SQL and pulling data from relational databases.
- Tableau/front end design for Business Intelligence.
- R or Python is a strong plus.
- Superior Excel and proficient PowerPoint skills.
- Web design and development and/or experience in Salesforce is beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners.
- Possess a demonstrable grasp of Twitter, mobile (i.e., device and carrier markets), web, and media markets.
- Exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development.
- Passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work.
- An expert in SQL
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners.
- Strong experience with Database Management systems and coding (Vertica, MySQL, Oracle, Python, Scala, Java) who enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems.
- Deep experience in Demonstrated ability to simplify complex data sets and extract non-obvious insights with frameworks and analyses.
- Strong ability to project manage and to remain detail-oriented while working with numerous stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the digital ad space is a strong plus.
2. Product Insights Analyst
Location: Cupertino, USA
The Product Insights Analyst is responsible for measuring and reporting on the hardware quality of Apple’s products. This is an exciting opportunity to directly impact Apple’s customers’ experience and support Apple products throughout their life cycle.
- A key resource to cross-functional teams.
- Analyze, develop and monitor visualizations and alerting mechanisms to detect quality excursions.
- Capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities accordingly.
- Participate in feedback loops to continuously improve product quality and the customer experience.
- Articulate findings in the data and work closely with others to identify the root cause and implement corrective actions on products.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing or customer support analysis.
- High proficiency experience with Tableau visualization, including large-scale dashboard deployment and maintenance.
- High proficiency with SQL and relational databases such as Teradata.
- Knowledge of coding/scripting in Python/Java.
- API data access/pipeline development.
- Data Science / ML experience.
- Knowledge of FileMaker.
- Knowledge of SAP material master, Bill of Materials a plus.
- Solid communication skills
- Expertise in converting business problems into technical solutions.
- Attention to detail.
3. Data Analyst, Quality Systems and Data Science
Location: Fremont, USA
Tesla’s Quality Systems and Analytics team is looking for a key player on the team who can help drive quality data analytics and help cross-functional engineering organizations to provide opportunities in product quality improvements. The candidate should have experience working with large data sets, finding the best ways to engineer the data to help create critical KPI metrics, building innovative visualizations and dashboards all the while keeping in mind what improvements can be driven in underlying data systems.
- Analyze manufacturing, equipment, and vehicle data and extract useful statistics and insights about failures in order to drive meaningful improvements to product quality and customer experience.
- Work effectively with engineers and conducting end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering to data processing and modeling.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify data sources where the potential value is not fully realized and invent new means with which to interact and gather insights from them.
- Monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and depict the story via dashboards and reports.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Maintaining existing data visualizations, data pipelines, and dashboard enhancement requests.
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines using SQL, Python, Airflow, Kubernetes based ETL framework.
- Develop and maintain real-time data streaming and processing pipelines using Kafka.
- Drive underlying data systems improvement by working with key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Perform data quality validations to ensure data creation is as per the business needs and expectations.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- BS/MS in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or other technical fields.
- 3+ years of work experience in data analytics or engineering-related fields.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with multiple data architecture paradigms (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Vertica, Oracle, Kafka, Spark).
- Proficient at ad-hoc analysis using SQL queries, python data analysis packages (e.g.Pandas, Numpy), report writing, and presenting findings.
- Proficient in data visualization techniques and tools using Tableau, Power BI, Superset, Matplotlib, Plotly, etc.
- Knowledge of various data communication protocols (e.g. REST API, Websockets).
- Strong understanding of various statistical techniques to effectively summarize data findings.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data mining tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing and service operations preferred.
- Able to work under pressure while collaborating and managing competing demands with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different business stakeholders to understand, identify and translate business challenges into data projects.
- A passion and curiosity for data and data-driven decision-making.
4. Data Scientist
- Design and build advanced analytical solutions and products to deliver superior business outcomes using research and performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on markets, products and competitors.
- Prove the business impact of projects using methods like experimental designs, cohort matching, and causal inference.
- Understand underlying data sources and their limitations. Create innovative approaches to answer pressing questions, prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve issues, drive the scaling of automated processes and deliver significant measurable impact.
- Act as an analytics translator, communicating complex data insights through exploratory analysis and research to discover potential bottlenecks to suggest improvement and workflow of internal teams.
- Liaise with team members and management in understanding their data needs and providing data support.
- 2-7 years of hands-on mathematical modeling experience in a business environment.
- Proficiency in Python packages such as pandas, seaborn, scikit-learn, dplyr or nltk
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques (k-means clustering, regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.).
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and relational databases (Hive, SQL)
- Ph.D. in quantitative fields like Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field required.
- Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy-to-understand way to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions.
5. Data Scientist (Deep Learning)
As a data scientist, you must be a quick learner with stellar machine learning skills, rich and solid experience from inception to business impact, strong communication capabilities, and work well in cross-functional teams (e.g. with data users from different marketing and consumer teams). This is a great opportunity to enhance your machine learning /data science skills in markets and familiarize yourself with Blockchain-based technology and etc. while making a real impact on Blockchain and Crypto-Currency technology globally.
- Conduct applied research and development in AI applications that involve computer vision, natural language processing, speech processing, and other related techniques.
- Work closely with other team members on implementing algorithms that power user-focused products.
- Build and release models, and elevate customer experience and track impact over time.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Excellent hands-on experience with popular ML frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Experience with application development practices at scale.
- Good experiences in Computer Vision particularly on OCR and text extract with deep learning-based end-to-end solutions.
- Good global team collaboration skills and experiences are good add-ons as well.
- Publication record at top conferences and journals is a plus.
6. Data Scientist (Car Experience)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Co-operate with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s consumer experience.
- Design, implement, and maintain ETL pipelines in Scala and Google BigQuery.
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to extract impactful insights on user behavior that will help drive product, design decisions, and business performance.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders across Spotify.
- Be a key partner in its work to build out the company’s product strategy so that it is relevant in the daily lives of consumers.
- You will work out of the Stockholm office.
- At least 3+ years relevant experience and a degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, economics, or another quantitative subject area.
- Strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Start-up mindset, comfortable with juggling multiple tasks at once. Prepared to tackle problems outside of one’s comfort zone.
- Know how to understand and tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and impactful insights.
- Strong SQL skills and proficiency with Python, or similar programming languages, even better if experienced in Scala / Spark.
- Extensive experience using various analysis techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, significance testing, and statistical modeling.
- T-Shaped. Your primary area is data science but you are comfortable with the second area such as data engineering.
- Bonus point if experienced with Google Cloud Platform infrastructure.
7. Analyst, Creative Labs – EMEA
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Leading and attending cross-functional meetings with partners to understand ongoing and upcoming product business objectives and prioritizing creative questions and ideas according to those business objectives (emerging markets, automation-assisted asset creation for scale, etc.).
- Prioritizing business objectives and ideas from key stakeholders to develop creative curiosities into testing hypotheses and strategies.
- Drafting and driving the execution of specific qualitative and quantitative analyses on the various creative assets.
- Collaborating with data science partners on metric, tooling, and dashboard development is crucial to providing feedback to creative design strategies.
- Partnering with product innovation partners to inform and ensure optimal execution of tests and related initiatives.
- Identifying opportunities specific to your market while staying highly aligned with your core Labs team and their objectives.
- Constantly documenting and communicating upcoming tests and changes in strategies and operations as they relate to the creative assets.
- Consistently rethinking and improving the ways by which we collect ideas, aggregate insights, and communicate those insights broadly.
- Addressing questions and issues related to tests and results surrounding creative assets from both engineering and creative producer partners.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience as an analyst, product manager, data scientist or creative program manager.
- Experience with A/B testing, data analysis, and ideation of new product features and processes.
- Ability to effectively distill and communicate complex concepts in a digestible manner.
- The soft skills to recognize when to challenge conventional thinking, the courage to voice suggestions and the maturity to accept feedback on ideas and work.
- Understanding of and passion for algorithms and machine learning.
- Demonstrated data fluency; comfortable with large datasets, constructing queries, designing data visualizations and extracting meaning from your analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
8. Data Scientist
Company: Warner Bros. Entertainment
Location: Hamburg, Germany
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a talent for analysis, math, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are of course essential for interpreting and explaining data to normal human beings. You will be responsible for developing and building innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning algorithms, statistical and quantitative modeling approaches to support content creation, marketing, distribution strategies, and other initiatives.
- Building a data infrastructure in Amazon Web Services to ensure a holistic view of the data ecosystem.
- Responsible for reporting in media, programmatic & social.
- Develops data clusters for programmatic audience marketing & responsible for data segmentation.
- The Data Scientist will work in a team to get the best out of data for our business, find unseen patterns, and derive meaningful information for business decisions.
- Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining, and staging data.
- Partner with content analytics and engineering teams to develop tools and foundational data sets for consumption from technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Delivering business intelligence and data visualization dashboard solutions.
- The candidate should be a SQL expert; must be able to optimize queries and join datasets efficiently.
- Proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently.
- Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings.
- Prepare and present data science results and analytical insights to stakeholders and leadership.
- Ability to swiftly gain competence with a range of custom management systems and tools (Business Intelligence, Data Dashboards, SAP).
- Experienced in DMP data segmentation.
- Experienced with Ad Words, FB Business Manager, YouTube Insights, Doubleclick, Sizmek Backends, Amazon Web Service infrastructure.
- Has a good understanding of technical web implementation (Pixel Code, HTML)
- Experienced with Python.
- Excellent written and oral German and English communication skills required.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and a fast-changing environment.
- Detail-oriented and cares about the quality of the input data as well as how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and used.
- Strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excited to work in the entertainment industry.
9. Data Scientist
Company: McKinsey & Company
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
You will be involved in codifying the company’s best analytics expertise into a centralized library and methodology and delivering that library to clients.
In this role, you will deploy your analytics expertise into production, measuring and delivering tangible insights and value for the clients leveraging data science methodologies. You will create innovative approaches to answer McKinsey & Company’s clients’ most relevant questions around commercial topics and ensure that these approaches are codified and can be re-used. You will act as an analytics translator and as an owner of advanced pieces of analytics code. You will have a strong understanding of the design and development process of data analytics tools and experience working with data engineers, product teams, and clients. You will also help build the teams by collaborating with others across the practice and beyond and mentoring younger tenured colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field like computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or related field; advanced degree is a strong plus.
- 2+ years of hands-on data scientist mathematical modeling experience in a business environment or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Python, R.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and relational databases (SQL)
- Knowledge of additional programming languages is a plus (C++, Java).
- Intellectual curiosity along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to inspire others, build strong relationships and create true followership.
- Result-driven, demonstrating a professional attitude.
- Strong people/team orientation skills.
- Distinctive communications skills; ability to communicate analytical and technical content in a comprehensible way.
10. Data and Insights Analyst
Company: Procter & Gamble
Location: Sydner, Australia
- Lead analytical projects and be accountable for delivering business value.
- Lead creation and execution of analytic action plans that address top-priority business challenges and create valuable insights.
- Develop in-depth business and analytical knowledge for building relevant solutions and services – spanning retail analytics, eCommerce, media analytics, and others.
- Consult and coach business teams on appropriate uses of data, analytical solutions, and tools.
- Work in multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities.
- Work with a diverse group of people within the P&G organization and the global analytics community as well as with external business partners.
- Undergraduate or Masters’s Degree level qualifications. Preferred (but not a requirement) disciplines include Business Analytics, Business Studies/MBA, Economics, Statistics, Engineering.
- Min 2 years work experience in a business-facing role, preferably within FMCG or similar industries.
- Track record of solving tough business problems, all the way from understanding a business question to communicating and actioning the solution, leveraging multiple, complex data sources in the process.
- Work experience mining vast amounts of data using statistical methods or machine learning models to provide actionable insights.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical tools. Work experience or certification in SQL and Python or R.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
- Comfortable handling multiple priorities, strong problem-solving skills, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Business background and interest and technical/analytical skills are preferred.
All the above information is taken from credible sources. For more information about privileges and perks, head to the company’s official websites to read and apply.