TOP DATA SCIENCE JOBS ONE CAN APPLY FOR THIS WEEKEND
Source – https://www.analyticsinsight.net/
Data science jobs combine computer science, statistics, and mathematics. They analyze, process, and model data then interpret the results to create actionable plans for companies and other organizations. Data scientists are analytical experts who utilize their skills in both technology and social science to find trends and manage data. They use industry knowledge, contextual understanding, skepticism of existing assumptions – to uncover solutions to business challenges. A data scientist’s work typically involves making sense of messy, unstructured data, from sources such as smart devices, social media feeds, and emails that don’t neatly fit into a database.
Data Scientist at PhonePe
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
About the company
PhonePe is India’s leading digital payments platform with over 280 million registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments. PhonePe went live for customers in August 2016 and was the first non-banking UPI app and offered money transfer to individuals and merchants, recharges, and bill payments to begin with.
The company is looking for senior data scientists who will work on applications related to financial services. They will work in a dynamic environment, and with cross-functional teams to assist those teams in every possible manner to ensure that our products help our users derive the most value. They will be expected to work with product, business, & engineering teams to help them understand what data science can do for them and set the right expectations, to analyze large volumes of data, and implement and deploy solutions as necessary. They should be able to clearly communicate results and recommendations to various stakeholders, They would need to evaluate the effectiveness of the solutions and improve upon them in a continuous manner. The company expects them to have a mix of a strong technical background, the ability to understand the business implications of their work, and the ability to empathize with our users and work towards helping PhonePe give them the best experience, and help and mentor junior members to become better data scientists.
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative discipline (computer science, statistics,
engineering, applied mathematics)
- 6 – 7 years relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 3-4 years relevant
experience with a Master’s degree
- Specific technical skills include
- Expertise in Java, Python, R, shell scripting languages.
- Expertise in querying relational, non-relational, graph databases.
- Ability to clearly communicate and work with people of different backgrounds.
- Experience in big data technologies (Spark, MapReduce, Pig, Hive)
- Experience using machine learning (structured, text, video data) libraries
(preferably in Python), deep learning (Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Experience using visualization libraries
- Good to have: Hands-on experience with source control and deployment tools (Git,
Data Science Consultant at Wipro Limited
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
About the Company
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting, and business process services company. They harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics, and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, a strong commitment to sustainability, and good corporate citizenship, they have over 190,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, they discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and bold new future.
As a consultant, the employees should have in-depth knowledge in any one technological or industry practice / functional area and an overview of 2-3 other areas. They should handle solution definition/ fitment for a small-sized project with medium complexity and should be able to build a custom Function Module with medium complexity program logic.
Data Scientist at Winfort
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Develop Artificial intelligence solutions for client’s business problems to drive business outcome
- Develop data platforms to support analytical and AI/ML solutions
- Develop end-to-end integrated applications for operationalizing AI/ML models and Insights
- Develop impactful presentations to convey insights to a technical and non-technical audience
- Contribute to internal innovation development charted by leveraging
- Contribute to internal competency building initiatives on Analytics and AI / ML areas
- Support consulting and sales team in relevant opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Master’s in Business Administration / Engineering / Statistics / Economics / Operations Research / Computer Science / Data Science
- Experience in developing Artificial Intelligence applications leveraging Statistical / Machine Learning / Deep learning methodologies
- Data Visualization (technology agnostic)
- SQL, R or Python, Hive, Spark,
Associate Data Scientist at Shell
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- This position is part of Finance & Data Operations, Data Science team handling Contracting and Procurement (CP) portfolio, which delivers tangible value to Shell’s Supply Chain business through advanced analytical/Data Science projects
- The individual should demonstrate the skills and ability to take on advanced analytics projects, develop analytical solutions by collaborating with the business stakeholders/partners working across a range of technologies and tools
- The individual should design and articulate the data science solution relevant to Shell’s Supply Chain problems/opportunities in business-friendly language and explain the workings of the model for business adoption
- The ideal candidate should have a strong background in quantitative skills (like statistics, mathematics, advanced computing, machine learning) and should have applied those skills in solving real-time problems across different businesses/functions
- The candidate should provide support to the Team Lead in managing and executing projects.
Skills / Requirements
- Prior experience in the Supply Chain industry as an analytics / Data Science / BI professional
- Knowledge of Upstream / Downstream Supply chain and business drivers
- The incumbent is responsible for working on a range of technologies and tools collaborating directly with the central MSC stakeholders, MSC asset focal teams across different business
- Experience in SAP systems specifically in Plant maintenance (PM) and Materials management modules (MM)
- Applied Data science expertise in Demand & Supply Chain planning/forecasting, Inventory planning/optimization, Material management, Spend Analytics.
- Proficiency Level: Skill-to-Mastery
- Deep expertise in quantitative fields (Statistics / Mathematics) and comfortable in working with a large amount of data
- Expertise in Inferential statistics, Multivariate Analysis, Time Series, Machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised), and Text Mining
- Strong experience in Data Science tools and technologies like Python, R, PowerBI, Alteryx, Spotfire
- Ability to search, extract, load & visualize data from databases using pre-defined reports and new ad hoc queries (using BI self-service)
- Strong analytical mindset and a real passion for Data, drilling data for insight, and learning new things every day in a pro-active way
- Capacity to present the data by storytelling in an easy and compelling way
Stakeholder Engagement Skills
- Working collaboratively across multiple sets of stakeholders – business SMEs, IT, Data experts/engineers, R&D teams, UI/UX designers to deliver on project deliverables and tasks
- User-focused – Continuous engagement with end-users and align any solution development to their needs
- Ability to articulate complex data science models to business teams and present the insights in easily understandable and innovative formats
- Ability to proactively recommend multiple approaches along with their pros & cons to the stakeholders and support making the right decisions
- Proficiency Level: Skill-to-Mastery
Data Scientist at TCS
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Required Technical Skill Set:
- Machine learning and Deep learning skills: Python, Pyspark, OpenCV, Tensorflow or PyTorch, Scikit learn
- Cloud Platform skills: Microsoft Azure Machine Learning or Amazon Web Services Sage Maker
- Visualization Tools: Plotly, Seaborn, Streamlit
1. Python with Machine learning or Deep learning packages
4. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning or Amazon Web Services Sage Maker
5. Plotly or Seaborn or Streamlit
6. A graduate or postgraduate in Engineering in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Electronics with strong mathematical background
1. Solid background in the fundamentals of formulation of the problem statements, system modeling, and machine learning for solving industrial problems.
2. Skilled in data visualization techniques and handling data engineering ETL of large sets of time series
3. Ability to apply multiple algorithms or architectures of ML or DL and recommend the best model with explainability
4. Build, train and test data science models with First principle-based engineering model of machine or process using data from IoT system
5. Very good Communication and Presentation skills
Responsibility of / Expectations from the Role:
- The associate will be working on building Cognitive business solutions that will give actionable insights by the systematic application of machine learning techniques and deep learning techniques
- Ability to interpret complex Industrial business requirements and translating them into analytical problems to deliver high-value outputs
- A dedicated individual with a commitment towards continuous learning and apply engineering knowledge, Mathematics, Statistics to build an AI model of state of art research