Qumulo Announces Cloud File Offerings Now Available In AWS Marketplace For AWS GovCloud (US)
Qumulo, the leading cloud file data platform that helps organizations easily create and manage their file data at scale with unrivaled freedom, control and real-time visibility, announced the availability of Qumulo in AWS GovCloud (US) through AWS Marketplace, as well as the upcoming FIPS 140-2 and Common Criteria EAL2+ certifications of its platform.
For U.S. government agencies at the federal, state, and local level, as well as contractors, educational institutions, and other organizations that run sensitive workloads in the cloud, AWS has developed AWS GovCloud (US) to help customers meet FedRAMP, ITAR, or CJIS compliance. Qumulo’s file data platform services now have expanded access in the AWS Marketplace as part of AWS GovCloud (US). Government organizations in the midst of digital transformation can now integrate their file data with both legacy applications in private cloud, and cloud-native applications in AWS GovCloud (US) with a single file data platform provided by Qumulo.
“Government agencies and organizations running mission-critical workloads need the ability to consolidate, analyze, and collaborate on massive unstructured data across on-prem and in the cloud,” said Craig Bumpus, Chief Revenue Officer at Qumulo. “With Qumulo’s file data platform, now available in AWS GovCloud, organizations that require higher compliance baselines such as FedRAMP or CJIS can leverage cloud-native applications and services to provide data-driven outcomes and retain massive quantities of unstructured data securely.”
Today Qumulo serves public sector organizations including:
- National Renewable Energy Labs (NREL) – managing research data for renewable energy scientists.
- University of Florida – enabling the creation, management and sharing of huge data sets, allowing the University to conduct research to find the next answer, the next cure, and the next forward innovation.
- San Diego Supercomputing Center – delivering the compute, storage and data tools to power performance modeling, data mining, and predictive analytics workloads as a managed service for research clients.
- Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute (SCI Institute) – accelerating image analysis and visualization for leading edge medical research.
- Utah’s Weber School District – ensuring student and faculty safety with innovative video surveillance and security solutions.
“Selecting Qumulo takes the guesswork out of our data management and makes us more efficient when scheduling diagnostic operations,” said Erik Deumens, Scientist and Director, University of Florida Information Technology – Research Computing. “We find the Qumulo system to be rich in features and easy to work with. It is a very cost-effective solution so that we are making the best use of university funds.”
The federal “Cloud Smart” policy and impacts of Covid-19 are accelerating the need to manage this file data securely, at scale, and with freedom across clouds. Regardless of whether data is maintained on-prem, in a private cloud, or in the public cloud Qumulo is committed to providing data security as a key element of the file data platform.
In addition to availability in AWS GovCloud (US), Qumulo is currently working with Corsec Security, Inc. to pursue FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validation and Common Criteria EAL2+ certification of Qumulo software on all supported offerings across on-prem and the cloud, making Qumulo the strategic choice for all types of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and unclassified file data.