NOW HIRING! TOP BIG DATA JOB OPENINGS IN RENOWNED GLOBAL ORGANIZATIONS
Source – https://www.analyticsinsight.net/
Big data and data analytics jobs around the world.
Big Data is a big thing in today’s world with tremendous growth opportunities for professionals. As companies around the world are aggressively hiring data professionals to extract insights for their businesses, data analysis has become a striking career choice. Organizations across industries want to take advantage of big data to stay ahead of the competition.
A big data scientist or a data analyst, if you’re a data professional looking for a big, new project, check out these full-time, big data job openings in renowned companies across the globe. To help you crack the interview stage, check out these popular big data interview questions and answers.
1. Senior Insights Analyst
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As a Senior Insights Analyst in the Product Operations organization, you will leverage one of the richest proprietary data sets in the world to create compelling, impactful, and actionable insights for the company, and the product and operations teams. Your expertise will help LinkedIn deepen the intelligence from its member/customer signals, and elevate the quality of the company’s products.
- Leverage Linkedin’s unique data to drive insights and learnings for product improvement.
- Build and scale insights to help our teams deliver exceptional products and services to all members and customers.
- Partner closely with our Product Operations teams to turn data into action, and provide recommendations to influence and shape the product strategy and roadmap.
- Write SQL/Presto/Spark/Python queries to extract, blend and analyze structured and unstructured data, and present the findings in Tableau and PowerPoint.
- Partner and execute with Data Science, Business Intelligence, Engineering to ensure foundational data are available and accurate for insights tools and analyses.
- Build analytical tools, products, and dashboards to democratize insights and enhance our collective storytelling ability.
- Apply statistical models and causal inference methods to uncover trends, measure impact, and predict the future performance of our product.
- Connect signals we have from our members and customers across, including but not limited to: customer support cases, social media mentions, behavioral data on the platform, and more.
- Help develop the predictive analytics engine in partnership with Data Science to project the impact of friction reduction in products.
- Own the analytical framework, and provide methodology & measurement for new product quality metrics like user success & sentiment.
- Collaborate closely with product, operations, engineering teams to provide analysis, reporting, and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders.
- Proactively identify opportunities to scale insights through automation and self-serve mechanisms.
- Coach and uplevel our signals and product quality teams on tools, analytics, and insight.
- 5+ years experience in analytics or quantitative role.
- Degree in math, statistics, economics, or related quantitative field.
- 3+ years experience in a role requiring research, data interrogation, analysis, and visualization.
- 5+ years of experience writing and optimizing SQL queries to extract trends.
- MA/MS/Ph.D. in math, statistics, economics, or related quantitative field.
- Experience in a role requiring influencing R&D and measuring product impact.
- Ability to convert a complex data set into an actionable recommendation.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in the Technology, Product, and/or Consultative industry providing actionable insights.
- Experience with Hadoop and/or Python for ETL, and working with big data.
- Experience with statistical modeling, Python/R scripts, and packages.
- Experience with experimental design and A/B testing.
- Experience with Tableau, or other data visualization software.
- Experience with working cross-functionally with data services, engineering, product, and operations teams.
- Knowledge of social media and consumer Internet practices.
2. Data Analyst, Globalization
Location: Los Gatos, CA
As a Data Analyst, you will collaborate with Netflix’s Analytics Program Manager and other Globalization team members, to support the data and infrastructure that translate business requirements into operational excellence. You will learn everything about Globalization data in order to provide relevant and valuable insights into its performance. You will use your analytical capabilities to create Globalization- and Netflix-ready dashboards to review, measure and manage the business.
- Track and maintain data integrity across multiple tools and workflows; identify and resolve data inconsistencies.
- Prepare regular business health and insights decks for globalization.
- Build and manage external-facing reporting for the team.
- Build and maintain data ingestion pipelines.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and queries as necessary (for requests that cannot be answered via existing dashboards).
- Provide analytical support for initiatives (that are fairly straightforward but might require complex analytics).
- Collaborate with the Analytics Program Manager to create an optimized business operations framework against which the Globalization team can perform and support translation at scale.
- Develop and maintain effective communication tools to report business performance and drive business decisions both internally (vendor QBRs and newsletters) and externally (dashboards) for globalization.
- BA/BS degree in Data Analytics, Business, Finance, or Operations.
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, business operations, or data analytics at a global scale.
- Required Skills: advanced SQL, advanced python (pandas & NumPy, data visualization libraries), ETL, Tableau (or similar dashboard platforms); experience with Jupiter notebooks preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience managing and utilizing large data sets to drive performance and process improvement.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate risks and dependencies, and to distill complex concepts into simple, actionable recommendations at the leadership level.
- Drive decisions and change management through data analysis, collaboration, and leadership.
3. Data Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Twitch’s Viewers Analytics team is looking for a product data analyst. The Viewers team develops customer-facing products that connect viewers and streamers, such as Browse, Search, Notifications, and Recommendations. As part of the Viewers Analytics team, you will improve the quality and velocity of product decisions made in the Viewers team. You will instrument tracking events, gather data, suggest metrics, design AB tests, build dashboards, and produce insights for your product partners. You will report to the Viewers Analytics Lead.
- Become a domain expert at the product surface your support, building trust with your product partners.
- Ensure your product, engineering, and design partners understand and use the insights you produce.
- Automate data monitoring requests and frequently asked questions in dashboards.
- Troubleshoot data quality issues, communicate their impact, and propose solutions or workarounds.
- Distill complex problems and highlight trade-offs between solutions, with the help of product partners and analyst mentors.
- Great SQL skills, so you can quickly tap into our data sources.
- A clear understanding of hypothesis testing, p-values, and bootstrap methods, so you can explain them to product partners unfamiliar with statistics.
- At least 6 months of experience transforming data into insights in a related industry, or equivalent data analytics experience. Internships count!
- Experience using Python data libraries like pandas, NumPy, or scipy.
- Experience designing and analyzing AB tests in a tech company.
- Product analytics experience with signup funnels, engagement metrics, and retention analysis.
- Python programming experience beyond data or analytics.
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control tools.
- Passion about online communities and games, frequent Twitch user.
4. Senior Data Analyst and Modeler
Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Analyze and catalog files and processes which are currently sources of data specific to the domain of interest of transactions & positions.
- research, design, document, and modify data specifications throughout the production life cycle. Data will be available in diverse formats ranging from Text files, databases, JSON, Kafka messages, etc.
- Analyze the requirements from the consumers based on your understanding of the Conformed model, model source data to the model enhancing the same where necessary.
- Take into account the limitations of the underlying tech infrastructure and cater the solution so that it can be implemented and is maintainable.
- Develop productive business relationships and integrate activities with IT team members, Quality Assurance, Software Development, and Database Administration teams, to ensure successful deployment and support of Production issues and various Projects/Assignments handled in the Applications domain.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to facilitate and positively influence solution development and ongoing support. Maintains confidentiality of the information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations and serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal clients) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Bachelor’s Degree with specialized coursework in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
- Significant years of experience as a data analyst and/or modeler.
- Knowledge of Wealth Management & associate accounting is a must.
- Extremely proficient with SQL and using SQL to analyze data.
- Knowledge of Big Data and Hadoop platforms, Kafka, Cassandra are a plus
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to learn quickly, manage work independently, and is a team player.
- Ability to engage with developers & stakeholders including – consumers, project management, upstream, senior management & peer group.
5. Senior Analyst
Location: London, United Kingdom
eBay is looking for a senior analyst to join the UK Analytics team with significant responsibility for delivering business Analytics. The London-based team specifically manages the UK Trading businesses and supports the EU Marketplace Businesses by creating and delivering actionable analytics insights to support UK business performance and develop a deeper understanding of business drivers and opportunities mainly focused on Seller Performance, Customer Insights, Promotions, and Pricing.
- Support Business Decision-making through data-driven Actionable Insights.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products.
- Work with Business Partners to scope analysis to answer key business questions – challenge their thinking and become a trusted business partner. Help the business prioritize analytical deliverables and manage their expectations.
- Measure and interpret the impact of business initiatives and new products and features.
- Develop and deliver the business story from the analysis and effectively communicate this to business and finance partners.
- Providing weekly updates on business performance to finance, cost, and promotional teams.
- Insight Analytics including ad-hoc deep dives, cost estimation, and forecasting, etc.
- Identify, extract and analyze relevant information from multiple data sources (primarily Teradata).
- Assess internal/external factors that may influence customer usage and important metrics.
- Be the Customer: Buy, Sell, and Engage with eBay’s mission of connected commerce.
- An established analytical career as a Data Scientist/BI/Insight Analyst preferably within e-commerce, consumer web, retail, media, digital marketing, or consultancy environment.
- Graduate degree (ideally in a quantitative field).
- Proven ability in clearly defining a problem, collating the required information, analyzing the results, and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal mentorship.
- Strong technical and financial modeling skills with commercial business insight.
- Advanced level skills in SQL and Tableau and Excel are a requirement. R Desirable
- Proven experience in the analysis of relational databases e.g. Teradata or Hadoop and strong SQL/SAS/R programming skills.
- Experience in working with big data, including data extraction & optimization techniques, and reporting/visualization, in particular using data visualization tools.
- Experience in web analytics is not essential but useful.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills.
6. Data Analyst
Company: AXA UK
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
- Extract data from primary and secondary sources. Format and interpret the data so it can easily be understood, analyze data using statistical techniques.
- Work with a variety of data tools and databases, designing solutions, maintaining data, creating, updating, reading, and deleting records.
- Collect data from multiple sources, handle raw data, cleanse data and convert it into structured formats ready for further analytics and data science.
- Work with big data in a data lake on a cloud platform.
- Work and collaborate with other data professionals; data engineers, MI engineers, data scientists.
- Work with business stakeholders to communicate with data, preparing reports, analyzing KPIs and other metrics.
- Create and maintain business glossary, data dictionaries and classify data according to local priorities.
- Implement data by design processes along with Data Architects, DPO, and other stakeholders.
- Mathematical skills (especially statistics and probability).
- Strong excel skills, experience in working with and manipulating data.
- Experience with visualization tools and reporting packages (e.g. Power BI).
- Experience with relational databases, SQL language, ETL frameworks. Knowledge of Python and R desirable.
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Knowledge of data management and data governance practices including data protection.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, autonomy, curiosity, rigorous in execution, team player and able to coordinate a network of stakeholders from various backgrounds, ability to understand business needs.
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Knowledge of agile methodology/MS Devops desired.
- Desired experience and knowledge of Salesforce.
7. Research Analyst – Technology Advantage
Company: Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Location: Madrid, Spain
As a Research Analyst within BCG’s Data & Researcher Services team, you would provide secondary research in support of proposals, client cases, and business or IP development initiatives, with specialization in one or more Technology Advantage related topics.
Technology Advantage topics covered by the team on a regular basis include Digital/IT, Big Data, Agile, IT/Tech Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, Cloud, AI, and Digital Transformation. You will be responsible for delivering a variety of requests throughout the day.
- Manage various research requests with a high-level accuracy and organization, primarily on key Technology Advantage topics you have a strong interest in.
- Understand request objectives focussed on Technology and IT industry and proactively suggest the most appropriate and efficient research approach to senior DRS team members and customers, as appropriate.
- Evaluate the source quality and data accuracy, and proactively help to identify and raise research-related issues.
- Engage in thought partnership with consulting teams and knowledge teams to understand, scope, and deliver accurate, timely, and relevant data and information.
- Coaching Research Associates and outsourcing partners, as well as delivering data quality analysis with them.
- Along with collecting, summarizing and synthesizing relevant data and information into appropriate, concise, timely, and highly effective output, you are proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- With guidance, you will develop tools, resources, and training within the Technology Advantage topic, you will be contributing to knowledge capture and documentation.
- Using your strong analytical thinking, you will provide advanced synthesis, and develop deep expertise in specialized research tools, databases and sources.
- In addition to being intellectually curious and being able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment, you can identify practical, timely, and innovative research approaches.
- 2-4+ years relevant working experience, with some specialization in 1-2 topics in Digital/IT, Big Data, Agile, IT/Tech Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, AI, Cloud, and Digital Transformation sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong preference for analytic programs (e.g. economics, engineering, sciences).
- Excellent English; + fluent in another European language (German preferred, Spanish).
- Hours of operation for DRS will be 9:00 am – 18:00 CET. Your regular full-time work week will be 40 hours a week.
8. Junior Data Analyst
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Data Analyst works in the operational part of a global business unit called Retail Direct Data Solution. This global team, present in countries such as France, UK, the US, Australia, Romania, and Poland, provides clients from and outside Europe with stock management solutions aimed at improving on-shelf availability. The key purpose of the job is to develop and maintain key business metrics for Global clients to assess the sales/stocks effectiveness. As a Data Analyst, you will be designing, testing, and validating the logic for new metrics, you will create different excel-based reports associated with the validation of the new logic and cooperate on a daily basis with the Business Analyst.
- Work on designing, testing, and validating the logic for new metrics solutions to our clients.
- Deep data analysis for various data sets.
- Control the creation and release of analytics internally and to our clients (this involves scheduling work with offshore resources).
- Maintain documentation for solutions.
- Mentor junior members of the offshore and onshore teams.
- Create efficiencies in the way we manage our global analytics requirements by establishing global ways of working.
- Organize and support a library of solutions available to provide information to other departments and to make it easier to support.
- 1+ years of analytical experience, working with data/databases in a large company.
- Proficiency in Excel (Advanced level).
- Fluent command of English.
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented, client service driven, and committed to the timely execution of tasks.
- Experience with R/Python language usage in regular work will be a plus.
- Experience in cooperation with off-shore resources will be a plus.
9. Senior Analyst – FP&A
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
The FP&A team is responsible for owning and managing the company’s financial forecasting process as well as partnering with business stakeholders to enable and drive financially informed decision-making. As a Senior Analyst, you will have the exciting opportunity to grow and develop your skills as a finance business partner through various responsibilities, including financial modeling and analysis, forecasting and budgeting, management reporting, and data analytics.
- Build and maintain detailed and dynamic financial models that are powered by big data to inform quarterly forecasts, budgeting/planning across the P&L, investment evaluation and prioritization, and commercial decision-making.
- Partner closely and regularly with both business and support teams to track business performance, exercise expenditure and investment controls, and identify risks and opportunities to our financial outlook.
- Manage and deliver on operational and analytical processes connected to each accounting period close, including accruals, variance analysis, management reporting, and/or model recalibrations as necessary.
- Use your communication and storytelling skills to frame issues effectively and translate the outputs of your financial analysis into impactful insights and compelling business recommendations.
- 5+ years of relevant, applied experience in finance/accounting, operations, strategy, consulting, or banking roles (exposure to SaaS, advertising, and/or content business models is preferred).
- Strong grasp of the 3 financial statements, with a high aptitude and enthusiasm for problem-solving through quantitative modeling and analysis.
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency, pivot tables, and macros.
- Savvy and experienced with forecasting, reporting, and procurement software (e.g., Adaptive, NetSuite, Coupa, etc.).
- Prior experience with SQL/BigQuery and BI/data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau) is a plus – you will be required to eventually learn and apply these skills on the job.
- Experience forming relationships across all levels of an organization and comfortable presenting to a broad range of audiences.
- Self-starter who is proactive, intellectually curious, and not afraid to seek out projects independently.
- Structured thinker with the ability to frame and reason through sophisticated business problems, even in the face of ambiguity or imperfect information.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written, as well as a collaborative mindset and approach to work.
10. Big Data Lead
Company: BARC India
Location: Mumbai, India
Manage Developments, Releases, and DevOps of high volume and complex data Processing Engine processing millions of rows every day using multiple processing algorithms and models. The chosen candidate should be able to handle multiple projects and be able to manage development cycles over multiple technology stacks.
- Draft Understanding of big data requirements for providing solution design and managing development sprints.
- Documenting pipelines and strategizing automation.
- Document and manage end-to-end development, testing, and deployment tasks.
- Responsible for reviewing and optimizing existing ETL processes.
- Documentation and production support.
- Release management across multiple projects.
- Responsible for developing and managing workflows of various modules in the data validation pipeline.
- Delivery of big data reports over different data structures and transformation tools for resolving Ad-hoc business queries/reported bugs within SLAs.
- Delivering presentations to management on the team updates.
- Working knowledge for setting up cloud infrastructure and managing the same.
- Tech (Comp. Sc), BCA/MCA, or equivalent
- Minimum/Relevant Experience
- Total 10+ year experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing big data projects, and reports.
- 5+ years of experience in managing projects across technologies.
- 10 years of industry experience.
- Very strong and demonstrable hands-on experience managing Big Data Projects.
- Deep Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and Job Server Environment.
- Strong knowledge of Performance Tuning and Advanced Optimization.
- Knowledge of SQL / query languages and working with SQL as well as NoSQL databases.
- A good understanding of data structures and database management required.
- Analytical skills over Advanced SQL.
- Good knowledge of different technology stacks should be able to manage/mentor the development cycles.
- Expertise in High Volume Data Processing Production environment (not pilots or POCs).
- Knowledge of Git, SVN, and JIRA.
- Working knowledge on Jenkins.
- Good knowledge of AWS, EMR, and management of servers.
- Other programming languages like Java, C#, Kotlin, Objective C.
- Java Script frameworks like Angular/Vue/React.
- Good hold on Programming concepts like MVC, MVVC, Functional programming, OOP.
- Databases PostgreSQL and MongoDB
All the above information is taken from credible sources. To apply for the jobs above, visit the company’s official website and head over to the career section.